Location Map & Transport Info
Dalcross International Airport is 8 miles east of Inverness. Taxis and car hire are available at the airport. Frequent bus service to/from Inverness (timetables online). The Jet is a dedicated shuttle service between Inverness city centre and Inverness airport and Nairn.
To reach Orkney, you can fly into Kirkwall Airport.
Ferries to Orkney:
NorthLink Ferries operate from Scrabster to Stromness. Pentland Ferries operate from Gill's Bay near John o'Groats to St. Margaret's Hope on Orkney. There is also a small passenger ferry from John O'Groats.
4 lines operate from Inverness railway station:
- south to Aviemore - Perth and then Edinburgh / Glasgow. Connections with Stirling.
- east to Aberdeen via Nairn and Elgin
- west to Kyle of Lochalsh on the west coast near the Skye Bridge
- north via Beauly up the coast to Wick (with connections to Orkney ferries)
Visit the official UK railways timetable web site or see thetrainline.com to book train tickets online.
Mileages by road:
- Edinburgh - Inverness: 157 miles
- Glasgow - Inverness: 174 miles
- Inverness - Fort William: 65 miles
- Inverness - Ullapool: 57 miles
The Scottish Citylink coach network operates the main routes between Inverness and other towns/cities in Scotland (e.g. Fort Augustus, Fort William, Oban, Skye, Ullapool, Wick, Aberdeen, Perth, Edinburgh, Glasgow, etc.).
Stagecoach Buses operate on local routes (e.g. Inverness city centre, Strathpeffer, Beauly, Cromarty, Dingwall, etc.). These timeables can be obtained from Inverness bus station or consult travelinescotland.com
Copyright © Highlands of Scotland branch of Farm Stay UK 2003-2015
Web site designed by The Internet Guide to Scotland